01 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 1 - Let's begin

January has given way to February. It's the shortest month of the year, so thought to myself: 

Why not challenge my writing skills and check if I can be disciplined enough to write for the next 28 days? Without a break, without taking a day off. I will write, no matter what and how big or small, but I will attempt the marathon. It's first of its kind, ever attempted in my blog journey starting from February 2011.

Oh so, that reminds me, February is also special in a way where I will be completing 8 years of blogging. I started with a bang in 2011 and the trend continued in 2012 but fizzled out in the later years. I have been active, but not as much as I was in 2011. The only saving grace is my blog is still listed and running. I have changed the blog address, but the blog name is the same. The themes have undergone a change many times, so have the audiences.

But isn't change the only thing constant? Isn't change inevitable? My Blue sky stands tall, proud, sometimes overcast with black and grey clouds, but there is always a ray of sunshine at the end. The journey and the quest continues.

So gear up Mrunalini and gear up people who are regular followers of the blog. Let's see where this new venture takes us at the end of this month.

Would like to add here that my favorite Indian author, Ms. Preeti Shenoy does this challenge once or twice every year and it's usually in February. I checked her blog today, but she hasn't started it yet. Maybe she is busy with her next book and maybe she would take it up later. But I am all geared up. You can check out her cool blog here:

http://blog.preetishenoy.com/

It's Friday night and I am signing off with the hope of having a refreshing sleep and a new topic to write on.

Meet you at Day 2.

1 comment:

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...