23 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 23 - An eye for beauty

It was just an ordinary bright sunny day today but my little boy just made it extraordinary for me. The pains I am taking on him to inculcate certain good things show up sometimes and today was such a day.

When we were in Bangalore and when he was around 4 years old, we were sitting on the common road of our apartment complex and talking among friends. Between the B2 and B3 building, there shone the beautiful sun on the way towards sunset. It was a beautiful sight and T saw it first and told me to see it and exclaimed, how beautiful!! He was just 4 then. One of my friends heard it and fell in love with T. She was happy and surprised at the same time. How can such a small boy have an eye for beauty which the adults sometimes fail to notice, she exclaimed!

I told her that I always make him aware of the beautiful surrounding in a conscious manner. I exclaim and express if I see a beautiful flower or a butterfly or the clear blue sky or a sunset in the evening. And that stays with kids. They begin to notice and take cognizance of such small yet beautiful things.

After coming to Karlsruhe, while walking on the road or in the forest, I have always looked around at nature and marveled at its beauty and have consistently said about these things in front of T. He now looks around too and observes a lot of nature. Kids have a keen sense of observation and that also makes them curious and they ask a lot of questions.

Today after coming back home from my friend's place, I was in the kitchen when T suddenly exclaimed, "Aai look at the orange sky", "we must click a pic". I said I don't have an iPhone, the camera of my phone is not great. But he said he wants to try clicking one. And he went to the balcony after I suggested him to. The view wasn't great from the closed glass doors. So he went out and clicked the snap. And it is beautiful!! 

Decide for yourself after seeing the photo. I am so proud of T today. Not only does he have a good eye for beauty and detail, but he is also sensitive towards it. I complimented him for the great picture and told him that he did a great job.

He beamed with pride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...