03 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 3 - Jab we met

The weekend flew off so soon. Yesterday I was busy with swimming class and today I had gone to Stuttgart to watch a Marathi movie called 'Bhai' based on the famous writer, P. L. Deshpande, fondly known as Pu. La. The Maharashtra Mandal in Stuttgart had organized this movie in a small theatre and it was a very good movie. Will write about it in detail in the future posts.

I went to Stuttgart with my friend, Yashaswini who is a very close friend of mine. Our kids are of the same age and we often plan play dates together, to a park or a cafe or at home. It was a girl's day out without kids and without husbands and we made the most of it.

I also met up with Anagha Mahajan, my artist friend, and partner in the new venture of our blog, Antarang. She was watching Manikarnika in the same theatre on a different screen and we decided to meet after our respective movies got over. Our movie started on time and for over by 1:20 pm. We then moved ahead for lunch and messaged her our location.

We went to our famous joint, 'Hans im Glück' and had a vegetarian burger and a nice dessert. Anagha came at about 3:15 pm and then for one hour, we talked about our lives, art, culture, movies, families and we were laughing like kids. We didn't realize that we had met after a very long time like this in leisure and we really enjoyed the evening together. We had no inhibitions and it was a pure heart to heart conversation.

I also realised one thing that when I was in Stuttgart, I was not so close to Anagha. We spoke when we met, but that was not very often. Only after I came back to Germany, this time in an another city that we got so close to each other. She gave me the idea of the blog for women and we started it in January. She also peps me up with her talks when I feel down or lost in the day to day life. She is a very warm person and always smiles and is happy. She has so many ideas in her head and she is a very wonderful painter. She adds Colors to paintings on the canvas and also to lives of people like me.

I am happy that we could reconnect and bond over lunch today. Sudden plans work out better sometimes than the elaborate ones. Hoping to meet soon, we said good bye and headed back to Karlsruhe.

It was a weekend spent very well.

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to have good people around us, isn't it? I have learnt that life's greatest happiness can come simply by engaging and surrounding ourselves with good kind souls. They make our immediate environment happier, positive and make us a better person.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...