13 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 9 - The birthday party

T is an extremely outgoing kid. He makes friends wherever he goes. He had a lot of friends in Bangalore in the apartment, where we stayed earlier. He had friends in school and now when we shifted to Germany, he made many friends in the Kindergarten. They were mostly boys. He hardly spoke to girls after he turned 5, so he had a gang of boys in the Kindergarten and the trend followed in the school too. 3 weeks ago, he came home and asked me if he can attend a friend's birthday party and that boy was not in his class!
That boy was Efe, the brother of a girl who studies in T's class. I wondered how is it possible? I thought T was just bluffing or maybe he has invited himself for the party. I had no idea to know. I didn't see that boy or his mom when I went to pick T up from the school. So, I just told him that we will see what we can do about it and forgot about it.

On Wednesday, he brought home the birthday invitation of that boy and I didn't know what to say and how to react. The Invitation card had a number and I assumed it was of Efe's mother. So I pinged her on Whatsapp and got it confirmed if the invitation had come to the right person. She told me that her son is very attached to T and he wanted to have T for his birthday party without fail. She asked me to drop him to a cinema theater nearby and they would see a movie there and then go to the adjacent McDonalds for eating. I bought a car for him and a few chocolates and gave the packet to T to give it to his friend.

I picked him at 6 and they were very happy after the eating session. I spoke to his mom and then brought T back home. I wondered, friendship is such a special thing, bonds form so very easily as kids. They have no prejudices of skin color or race or religion. They just seek pure enjoyment and fun time with each other. Efe is Turkish, but he speaks German. T speaks German though he is not from Germany. The language is another binding factor which brings people together.

Listening to T's narration of the movie, I smiled and thought...

May he always get good friends in life and make meaningful and fulfilling relationships.

May he enrich other people's lives and let others enrich his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...