15 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 13 - Angels without wings

Do you believe in Angels?

Good people? Bad people?

Pleasant personalities? Repulsive personalities?

I am sure you must have come across many people in your life with the above-mentioned tendencies. How did you react to such people? What experiences did you have? How did you exactly feel?

I met a few angels in this city where I absolutely didn't know anyone. I came here leaving my job, my house, my parents and friends behind in the search of new and better prospects and a good life. Who had imagined that life wouldn't be so easy here though I was already familiar with the lifestyle and had stayed in a different city in this country earlier?

The first angel is my German neighbor, Ute, who from time to time has helped with small things in day to day life. She has motivated me, helped me learn cycling and has always been a source of inspiration as a single mother, managing all on her own.

The second angel is a Brazilian friend, Lucia, whom I met during the Nicherin Daishonin Buddhist Chanting. She regularly calls me, meets me, tries to help me in every possible way to keep me going. She took me to the gynecologist, consoled me when I was feeling down and offered to spend time with me whenever I felt low.

The third angel is an Indian friend, Ajita. I have lost the count of the times when I have just barged into her house for tea and snacks. She picks up T many times from school when I have some work to do and can't pick him up. She calls me to her house to talk, to chat so that I don't feel lonely. She herself is busy with the job and kid, but she takes time out for me.

There are many other people like my mom, mother-in-law, Aabha, John, Anagha (my artist friend and partner in the Blog Antarang) and a few others who have stood by me in my lowest times. And I really don't know how to thank them for just listening and cheering me up.

They guide me, console me, crack me up, help me sustain here, far away from my home and my people.

They keep me going. They keep me sane.

Thank you all for being there for me. 

1 comment:

  1. I must mention here that you have stood by your loved ones in their time of need and they will always be there as angels wishing you the best and making sure you stay sane. I sincerely wish that you stay happy and make things work for you.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...