08 February 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 7 - Ullu ki patthi

I am not blessed like my mother, my mother in law, my husband and my son in one very important aspect. They can sleep off once they hit the sack. Be it noisy, not too dark, not their usual bed and pillow and the room, it's not a problem. They are snoring to glory in a maximum of 5 minutes. I envy them so much. I am not blessed like them in this regard. I take a long time to fall asleep. I am a very light sleeper. The ambiance, sound,  light play a very important role. It has to be absolutely quiet and still with a pin drop of silence. And this often lands me into trouble in my own house or on my bed on which I have slept for almost 15 months now.

Yesterday was such one night where I was awake for the entire night. I hardly slept for about 2 hrs last night. I lay awake in my bed with sometimes eyes open, sometimes eyes closed, trying to meditate, trying to chant "nam myoho renge kyo", trying to tell myself that it is usually the time when normal people are supposed to sleep, but nothing really helped. T's nose was choked. He was talking and changing positions while he was asleep. He was not awake, he was asleep and was simultaneously talking and breathing heavily with one nostril. That sound was enough for me to not go to sleep. Yesterday I had a lot of tea at my neighbor's son's birthday party. And that was also troubling me as I had to go to the washroom now and then.

I watched the still night outside the window. Imagining some owl sitting on the tree and watching me with a grin on his face and saying "Welcome to the club". I saw the stars and also some airplanes. The tree right outside the window was rustling sometime with a breeze of wind. I was counting the hours and going to the washroom. It doesn't feel normal, actually, it feels very weird to be awake at the time when the people around are sleeping nicely. I was lying on my bed just like that. I didn't want to read, I didn't want to watch anything on my mobile. My body was fresh, not tired, felt like it was fully charged and I could have gone out for a walk actually if it hadn't been dark outside. I finally fell asleep around 3:15 and the alarm clock went off at 5:45 am. I was going to walk around a zombie the whole day. 

God save others! :-D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...