09 October 2022

Blog Marathon - October 2022 - Day 9 - Make hay while the sun shines

I have already posted about last Sunday when the weather was rainy and misty and everyone stayed indoors waiting for the sun God to grace us with his presence. From Monday this week, the sun God listened to my prayers and made a very gracious entry into the week and our lives. The temperature was not very high, somewhere between 18 to 22 degrees, but no one had any complaints. 
I walked a lot this week and almost completed my daily target of 10000 steps on at least three days of the week. I also walked on Saturday and as I type out this post on a Sunday afternoon, I am sitting on a bench below a tree overlooking the green fields and blue skies. I can smell the grass, the birds are chirping and tweeting. There are many different small plants near this huge tree, where I am sitting. They all have different shapes and leaves have different hues and colors. There are many people on the usual walking routes, some with dogs, some with friends and family. I am out alone, as always. My husband likes cycling and I enjoy walking. My son doesn't want to walk at all. He would even go in a car to the next building if he could. So more often than not, I head out alone with my BoAT headphones belting away my favorite old Bollywood songs.


Listening to Gulzar and Lata Ji's songs on Riyas Retro on the Gaana App, and typing the daily blog post amidst nature is pure bliss. I have no qualms that I don't have any human company. Nature is man's best companion, I feel. When I don't have any company to go for a walk, I often go alone. It's as if these green fields and the blue skies have a date with me and I don't want to miss it at any cost when the sun appears after a long hiatus. My German neighbor always talked about "Die Sonne taken", which means storing the sunlight in hearts for the dark days that may lie ahead in the Winter. And I understand every word of it and what she meant by it. I store every sunny day in my heart and my memories and play them out on sad, depressing, and gray days. 

We all cling on to the good memories and best times in our lives, when we feel low, don't we? It gives us hope and assurance that it's just a matter of time, bad days will be over soon and we will be soon basking in happiness.

I don't know what the next week will bring, but I was blessed enough to experience a lot of natural sunshine and beautiful landscapes this week. I am well-equipped to take on tomorrow. 

I will be back tomorrow with a new post, a book review that I am done reading today. 

Signing off for today,

Have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...