26 October 2022

Blog Marathon - October 2022 - Day 26 - Mad over Fridge magnets

When you go on a vacation to a foreign country or a different city or state, what do you bring back home as a souvenir from there? Do you have the habit of bringing some or the other thing from that place, or do you prefer to just go, visit, eat, click photos, have a good time and come back?

I don't remember the exact moment when it all started, my love for fridge magnets and its collection, perhaps from the first trip to Germany in 2002. And then I kept going back there in the coming years.

My trips outside Germany to Croatia, Turkey, Russia, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy helped my love for fridge magnets grow exponentially. I told all my friends who traveled to different destinations than these to get magnets for me. So even though I haven't really travelled to Brazil, Spain, Bulgaria, the United States, China, Japan, Scotland, and Ireland, my friends and family got me fridge magnets which adorn the new refrigerator here. I have a heap of magnets in Bangalore, which I left there and couldn't bring to Germany. Those magnets are carefully packed and stowed away in boxes. I wonder if they will ever see the light again!

I've tried to stop buying magnets many times, but I can't! If I don't utter a word about buying the magnets, my son or my husband make sure to buy one! I don't know what attracts me to these magnets. Those are the snippets of the wonderful time I spent in those places, I think, and I like to relive those moments by looking at the magnets. It's like taking a world tour from the confines of your home!

I don't know when the next trip will be. But there is surely a fridge magnet waiting for me somewhere to become a part of my collection.




2 comments:

  1. Beautifully posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. परदेशातले भरपूर जमा झाले आता भारतातले जमा करुन जर्मन फ्रीजला चिकटव. भारतीय पर्यटन व्यवसाय वृद्धिंगत होईल.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...