22 October 2022

Blog Marathon - October 2022 - Day 22 - Do your best and forget the rest

On this journey through life, we meet a lot of people. We go out of our way to help a few of them. And then forget about it. And the surprising part is that the people whom we have helped forget it too. I am sure you must have come across many such people in life who came to you in times of crisis, but once their work got done, they conveniently forgot about it. What do you do in such cases? Do you stop helping people? Or do you continue doing the selfless work of helping known and unknown people? Human nature doesn't let us sit still, isn't it? Even if our hearts are broken by someone or our confidence has been shaken by someone, we still want to believe in the goodness of people. We still want to be hopeful and look ahead to the future. We still want to trust people and carry on with our duty of helping people. Because man is a social being, he needs to be with and around other people, and as experience has shown, not all humans are the same. Everyone comes here with his or her own agenda and just plays their part, depending on their understanding and maturity. So how do you approach the fact that the person whom you helped doesn't even regard you or thank you?

I stopped thinking about such instances long ago where I helped people to get a job or an assignment and then they never came back to me to even inform me about it. There is a wonderful philosophy in which I believe. One has to just play their part and forget the rest. One must simply carry out one's karma and refuse to accept any benefits from it. And I have had so many experiences in life where acts of kindness have come back to me from unknown sources and people. And that boosts my morale and confidence to do more and helps me keep going. That's an indication to me that whatever part I am playing in this world is leading towards good, and I try to do my best to forget what experiences I have had with people in the past.

This Diwali, I wish myself more grace and acceptance of people as they are. I want to illuminate the lives of people who come into contact with me with laughter, positivity, and hope.

I wish you all a happy Diwali.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...