02 October 2022

Blog Marathon - October 2022 - Day 2 - Lazy Sunday

After spending a good evening with a group of friends yesterday with nice food and a lot of chit-chat, I came home with a filled heart and a stomach. I slept late and that spiraled into getting up quite late in the morning. 

As I looked out of the window, it looked as if I was at a hill station in Matheran. The atmosphere was misty, grey and I could see that it had rained in the night. We haven't yet started the heaters as we have to save the gas for hard winters. Dressed up in jackets and socks at home, it seemed like we were on some holiday with no agenda on a dull and misty day. The time was passing by very slowly. 

I made Zucchini soup and my husband got a baguette from the bakery. The soup turned out to be very tasty and we devoured it up all. The afternoon lunch was taken care of. Very healthy and nourishing soup of Zucchini along with carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, and bread (wouldn't call it nutritious but it was tasty for the taste buds. 

I had my singing class from 4 to 5 pm and I enjoyed it a lot. I learned Hindustani classical music a long time back. But I didn't continue with it. Now I have the time and inclination to relearn it, this time it is Carnatic music. It has a different style and structure and although the Swaras and other things are similar to Hindustani classical music, there is certainly a difference between the two. 

Evening galloped its way and it was still raining outside. My son wanted to go to a local festival nearby, but his friends didn't turn up and the weather was not very encouraging to get out of the house and go out in the rain and cold. With nice ginger tea and some popcorn, we watched Amit Tandon's stand-up comedy on Netflix. After some time I got bored and I suddenly thought of my blog Marathon that I had very enthusiastically started on 1st October with a group of friends. I had to come up with something, some write-up to post on the 2nd day of the blog Marathon. What better than just writing about a routine, that was not very exciting, yet eventful?

Life is sometimes everything but exciting and mundane, and today's rainy day was a testimonial to that. You just need to accept the day as it comes and make it your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...