17 October 2022

Blog Marathon - October 2022 - Day 17 - Beyond the boundaries

Recently, I came across a video of a brother-sister pair from Zanzibar, Tanzania, who lip sync to Bollywood songs, and I was quite amazed at their love for the Hindi language. I read about this duo online. Kili Paul and Neema Paul, who are siblings, have learned the Hindi language and live in a remote village in Tanzania, where there is no proper electricity. I am not sure about the authenticity of the article, but it seems Kili had to travel a few kilometres to get his phone charged. He is a content creator on social media and is a Tiktoker.

Kili was invited to India, and he met up with many Bollywood personalities and social media influencers. He loved every bit of his trip to India, and he enjoyed Indian food. He has a great fan following and apparently has over two million subscribers. My son already knew about him and I was the last one perhaps to get on the bus of his fans. I find the videos very cute and I respect the duo for learning an Indian language, which many Indians shy away from learning or talking in that language, though they have learned it. Kili puts a lot of effort into learning the lyrics, understanding the meaning behind them, and then emoting them on the screen. Simply amazing! Have a look and I am sure it will also bring a smile to your face.

Check out his YouTube channel here.

Kili Paul

And here's his Instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/kili_paul/



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...