02 October 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 1 - The blogkeeper

October came with pomp, just like the other months announcing an end to 2019 soon. It's festival time in India where people are celebrating Navratri (9 nights), a festival celebrating 9 goddesses. People celebrate by playing Dandiya and Garba during the nights dressing their best with the best of music. Women wear different colors for 9 days to office. The festive atmosphere lifts the spirit of one and all. With October, the Autumn arrived in Germany and brought rainy weather, gray and dark days, hardly giving way to the sunlight. It's a sign that days will now become shorter and winter is just around the corner. In this gray and dark days, I have something that keeps me going. I manage the blog Antarang along with a friend in Stuttgart, Ms. Anagha Mahajan, which is for women writers. And yesterday, it featured a whopping 18 posts for September 2019 written by different women around the globe in Hindi, Marathi, and English.

Check out the blog here:

https://writeyourstoree.blogspot.com/

We also have a FB page

https://www.facebook.com/antarang2019

Every month, we publish a topic for the month. Not necessarily, all the entries are based on that topic. But a few do try to align to it and write. The theme for September was "Favourite Book" or author or the lines which touched you, moved you. Ms. Tina Kataria and Ms. Anagha Mahajan wrote about their favorite books and what they particularly liked in that book. The topic for August was "Independence" as India celebrated Independence Day. Ms. Bharti Garud wrote about her thoughts on independence, and Ms. Tejaswini Sikka put forth her idea of what freedom means to her.

The topic for October is already in my head, and I will publish it soon on the FB page which I have created for the blog. We started this venture in January 2019, and every month, I follow up with many friends and people I know and request them to send their articles to us for publishing. We give a platform to women writers who always wanted to write, but lacked the motivation and topic to write on. Many women have come forward to write about their life, problems, solutions, family, observations, etc. Many like me write from real life. A few write fiction, a few write long texts, few express themselves with poetry. It's a very colorful web of different themes, emotions, perspectives, and thoughts.

Besides my own blog, the Blue sky and Antarang, I have one more blog of my paintings. I started chalk painting a few months back. I haven't been very active lately there. But I intend to keep it going. Check out the link here:

https://anewfacet.blogspot.com/

I have two more blogs dating to 2007-2008, one where I wrote only poems, sad romantic poems of hopeless love, longing, friendship, love. I wrote in Marathi and English. I laugh at those poems now. What was in my mind at that time? I was a true Libran, a true romantic. But with time and experience, romanticism has got lost on the way.

https://mrunalinidabke.blogspot.com/

The other blog was where I wrote extremely long essays about people, situations, experiences in my life. I changed the names of the characters, obviously. But I really wrote long articles. John, my friend from Accenture, was the one who motivated me to come to the blogging world.

https://mrunalinivelankar.blogspot.com/

So, you see, I actually am a keeper of blogs. 3 are ongoing, and 2 are dormant. But I write, I try to. That sets me free, it keeps me sane. That's my world, where I am not judged or ridiculed. I love maintaining the blog, following up with people and getting things done. I have something to look forward to. It's like a part-time job.

And I am loving it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...