07 October 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 7 - The Seasons

It's time,
Whispered Summer to Autumn.
It's time.
It's time for me to go
And for you to stay
To cover the ground
With hues of orange, yellow and red
And the skies in grey
Autumn said, yes but not for long
Winter will meet me somewhere down the road
Leaves will wither and the trees will standstill
Not a single sign of life, only cold winds
Winter smiled.
My days are numbered too
I won't stay here forever
I have something else to do.
Soon the flowers will bloom,
Colors will return,
The butterflies will come out and
The birds will start their chirp
The sun will start shining again,
The summer will return.
The only permanent thing is change
which no one can escape
It's the circle of life that takes place
Every single year
Without fail


1 comment:

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...