24 October 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 24 - Don't judge the book by it's cover

I am super tired today but also very delighted. I helped a couple friend to pack the Diwali faraL items. These Diwali items will be distributed to the people attending the Diwali event hosted by Maharashtra Mandal Karlsruhe on Saturday in the afternoon from 3 to 7 pm. We packed close to 89 boxes in a period of 2.5 hrs. We were talking, laughing, watching Marathi program on the internet, and working fast simultaneously. The work didn't seem like work at all. It was something we were doing for one big family of MMK.

Monika is the lady who is responsible for most of the tastiest and choicest food that is available during all events of the MMK. We are just a year old, but we already have a great response to almost all the activities that we do throughout the year. We started last year with the Diwali program, and then we did the Haldi Kunku program in January. After that, the major attraction was the Gudi Padwa event in March. We had performed lezhim dance in that event, and people were super happy to see something like this for the first time in Karlsruhe.

Monika prepared all the Diwali snacks for 125 people single-handedly. Harshal, her husband, and her daughter Shriya helped her, but she took care of all the primary cooking and preparing. She is an excellent cook. She cooks with great love and passion and is not wary of any big orders like these. 

Initially, when I came to Karlsruhe, I didn't know them properly. I had sought some help and information from them. But they were quite busy, and they couldn't respond. I formed a wrong opinion about them. Later, when the misunderstanding cleared and I got to know them better, I realized that I was wrong and had improperly judged them and which turned out to be quite the opposite of what they are as a person. They are accommodating and very warm people. I am so glad that we are good friends now. We both took efforts to clear the misunderstanding, or else we would have lost a good friend in one another. 

Thank you, Monika and Harshal, for being what you are, and I am glad that we are good friends now. I couldn't have imagined last year that I would come to help you and eat and laugh with you and share with you so many things.

We judge people so wrong sometimes. Only when we get to know them better, we realize how small our thinking is! So don't judge people. Talk to them and make things clear and try to be happy in the space that you share with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...