16 October 2019

Blog Marathon - Post 16 - A funny incident

I wrote about the lane discipline followed religiously by all the drivers yesterday. And in continuation of yesterday evening's experience, I did something foolish and funny last evening while getting into the bus. I am still smiling at my overconfidence and about the time when I made a fool of myself. Sometimes things happen so fast that you react to them first and then think about it. I did the same. I was very overwhelmed by the traffic yesterday evening. And in a hurry to get into the bus that was already running late, I completely went overboard and didn't think twice before reacting so vehemently.

A girl was also waiting for the bus with me. As soon as the bus arrived, she moved a little ahead of me to get into it first. There was one lady on the opposite lane in a car calling out. And with high confidence, I assumed that she was calling out to me and that I knew her and waved to her very enthusiastically. She didn't stop calling. Even after I got into the bus, I continued waving to her, only to realize she was looking at the girl who got into the bus with me. She was calling out to her and wanted that girl to see her and acknowledge her. My ears got hot, and I suddenly realized what I have done. That lady must have been so surprised by my gesture. I was a stranger to her and was waving her as if she was my long lost friend. She was probably tired, driving back home in traffic, and after seeing her daughter maybe, she wanted to say a quick hello to her. And I was looking at her, waving at her assuming her to be someone from my friend circle.

Thankfully the bus moved ahead, and she went in the other direction. I was smiling to myself, thinking about that scene of waving at her so confidently. Sometimes, you make a good fool of yourself and give yourself a good chance to laugh at your own folly.

Has something similar happened to you anytime? Would you like to share it with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...