06 February 2023

Blog Marathon - February 2023 - Day 7 - Man proposes, God disposes (Finale)

Read the first five parts in this series here:

Man proposes, God disposes (Part 1)

Man proposes, God disposes (Part 2)

Man proposes, God disposes (Part 3)

Man proposes, God disposes (Part 4)

Man proposes, God disposes (Part 5)

My parents flew back with LOT Polish Airways. While coming to Germany from Mumbai, they didn't get food to eat owing to some confusion. I was not hoping for great service on the way back. However, we were in for a pleasant surprise when the crew went out of their way to assist my father with his surgically repaired leg.They took great care to ensure that he had enough space to keep his leg and also assisted him in going to the toilet. At Warschau, my parents were the last to leave the plane. As my father was unable to climb the steps, a lift-like device arrived to transport them from the plane. They had a stopover of around 4 hours. The person came back to take them to the next flight from Warschau to Mumbai. Everything went smooth, and we were all very happy and relieved that my father could go back without any hassles.

After going back, they both immediately went to see an orthopedic doctor in Dombivli. The doctor there told my father exactly the opposite of what the doctors in Germany had told us. He was not supposed to walk at all except to go to the toilet or for food and a bath. The X-ray looked good, and the doctor told him that the operation had been done in an excellent manner. The metal titanium was used for joining the bones in the hip, and it is one of the most stable and clean metals that doesn't have any problems with rust. The doctor's only concern was that the stitches had penetrated too deeply into the skin, necessitating dressing by the German doctor, which did not occur. He did the dressing of the stitches on the patch through which the surgery was done, and it started healing again. The medicines were prescribed, and he was asked to come back after a month. The routine of massaging with oil started too, and there was no need for physiotherapy, according to the Indian doctor.

Many friends, acquaintances, and relatives visited him almost every evening for a month after they both returned home.They all had only kind words, well wishes, and love for him. My parents are really lucky to have such a powerful network of people around them. My cousin, Shubhadha, and her family stay close by, and they are very close to my parents, just like a second daughter. Her son Aditya and her husband Niranjan were constantly at their sides when they came back, and they all did everything they could do for my parents, just like they did for themselves. I am really lucky and thankful to have someone so near and dear to me in my absence!

After my parents went back, the house suddenly got very lonely, and Tanay and I were quite bored. My husband came back from his business trip, and then the mood got a little better. We had to return the walker and the wheelchair to our kind neighbors in the apartment. We bought small gifts for them as a token of gratitude and returned their things to them. After the departure of my parents, the next task was to get the bill for the emergency ambulance services and the doctor services that were availed on the day of the accident. In the meantime, my father submitted all the original hospital bills, receipts, prescriptions, and medicine bills to the insurance agency. But because these two bills were pending, the claim has not been reimbursed until now. The bill for the ambulance came two weeks ago, and for the doctor's services, the bill arrived the day before yesterday. I paid all the outstanding amounts and will send the original bills to India. My dad will submit the last two bills, and hopefully we get the full amount from the Indian insurance company. keeping my fingers crossed!

I would like to request all my friends who would like to invite their parents to Germany to avail themselves of a German medical insurance named ADAC or Allianz. The process is faster and easier as it is a German insurance company. Being our first experience with an Indian insurance company, there has been a lot of back and forth with emails and follow-up, and we are still not sure how much will be reimbursed and when. So it's a good lesson for us now.

The trip didn't pan out as planned. But the important thing is that he is doing well now and will soon be walking on both legs again! I don't want him to just have this memory of Germany. I intend to bring him again in the summer of next year to show him how beautiful the spring and summer seasons are in Germany and in Europe! I want him to see and appreciate the nature and beauty here. And I plan to drive him around in my own car!

All's well that ends well.





3 comments:

  1. ज्याचा शेवट चांगला ते सर्वच चांगले. वैद्यकीय पर्यटनाचा अनुभव एरवी मिळाला नसता. जर्मनीतल्या रुग्ण प्रक्रियेत असणारांचे देणे होते आपले.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All episodes beautifully stated. Thank my daughter for penning down each and every incidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written 👏🏻

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...