01 February 2023

Blog Marathon - February 2023 - Day 1 - Blog Marathon begins

 February is supposed to be the coldest month in Germany. Soon, it will be spring, daylight saving time will end, and the days will begin to get longer. But being the shortest month, I think February goes by very fast. This is also one of the reasons I choose to do a blog marathon every year. I just have to write 28 blog posts, sometimes 29 when it is a leap year! The other time of the year for a blog marathon is October, by birth month. Last year, I completed it successfully by posting 31 posts in 31 days. At the beginning, there were a few friends who started writing with me, but then they gave up later, and I was the only one to carry on till the end. I felt bored on some days and didn't know what to write or how to continue, but because I had made the commitment to myself, I couldn't just give up. This time, there are a few new friends who have shown interest in doing the blog marathon. I am excited to read what they have to share.

A blog marathon is one way of keeping the writer in me alive and also sticking to a schedule of writing regularly without an elaborate agenda. There are times when I can't write at all. A blog marathon is one way to keep the blog up and running. I have been writing this blog since 2011. I write about life, people, and experiences. I write on mundane topics. I have no creative thinking when it comes to fiction. But that's my USP, I think. It's not easy to describe simple things. And very few people are capable of effectively communicating simplicity through simple, straightforward language. I do have topics in my head about which I want to write this month. And the topics range from my dad's accident and hospitalization to my car-driving experience. How the Gudhi Padwa preparations at Maharashtra Mandal Karlsruhe are in full swing and how I am preparing the Maharashtrian kids here to chant the Maruti Stotra, etc. I will also elaborate on the new lifestyle called "One Meal A Day," which I started on December 19, 2002. And there's also a book review lined up of "Fast Like a Girl" by Mindy Pelz, sharing insights into intermittent fasting for women and why it should be different than others. Why I believe the Western world is all about money and no mental peace, and how teaching languages makes me feel proud and free.

All these things will definitely be interesting to the audience, especially to my friends and family members.

So I'm back to writing, giving wings to the writer in me, and sharing a glimpse of my life and its events.



2 comments:

  1. Nice, write your vision and experience. We like to read definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very engaging and thanks for the blog marathon initiative.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...