08 July 2015

Blog Marathon Post 1 - Back to basics

I do not remember when my last post on the blog was. The past three months have left me gasping for some little time for myself, but I am unable to get it. Then I thought to myself, why can't I take out 10 minutes and write?



I always liked to pen down my thoughts, and then what is wrong with me now? How long will this continue? How long will I make excuses? I am a regular reader of my favorite author's Preeti Shenoy's blog. She is extremely busy woman, manages her house, kids, dog, writes books regularly, is into Yoga and organic gardening and what not. She does this blog marathon twice a year inspite of her hectic schedule. Then why shouldn't it be possible for me. I immediately contacted my buddy, John Jethi, who introduced me to this world of blogging and asked him if we both should give it a shot together. He is also out from the blogging scene too and he immediately agreed.

So this is an attempt to get back to our common interest. This is an escape into our own world where we create characters or write about the sun or pollution or a dog. This world which we create is not judgmental like the outside world. It lets us be. It cries with us and laughs with us. It gives us innumerable ideas to write about. This is an attempt to see if we are able to stick around for 2 straight weeks. It looks achievable, but it can get extremely difficult to even get yourself to write. Human tendency, you see! We started the challenge today and in 15 days from on, our blog marathon will end. We have promised each other that we will not ditch each other. We will write even if we write just 2 lines, but we will get the discipline of writing regularly back into our lives. We will stick to our promise and we will write because that has always been our first love. It was neglected for a while, but we should be back with a bang, what say John?



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting off with a bang and thank you for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...