13 July 2015

Blog Marathon Post 6 - A fresh week a fresh start

As I already narrated, Sunday did not end on a good note. I was tired and lazy and lethargic and I slept quite late as T was not yet tired or ready to sleep. He was talking to his toys, Tom and Doraemon and narrating something to them. I tried to tell me to wind up now, but he does all the things now which I don't want him to. This is the age of stubbornness and haughtiness. He just completed 3rd year. So now he is experimenting with my patience and throws tantrums and does not listen to anything we say on first go.



Monday mornings are hardest to get him ready for school. Good 15 minutes are spent on waking him up and then brushing his teeth and getting him to have breakfast and then milk. Then a great time is spent on deciding what to wear at school. Mondays and Fridays he has to wear a shirt (uniform) on blue jeans. That makes our life easier. But on the other three days, we practically bring out every shirt and trouser from his cupboard and then he obliges to wear one of it. Same goes for socks and shoes. He has immense energy to make us all run around him. He loved to eat almost everything and anything that came to his plate. But now he has choices even there. He did not like the stuffed paratha, which was given to him on Thursday last week and he happily made a statement that "I don't like parathas, I will not eat them". His tastes change every day and so does the mood.

My father is his best friend when it comes to man-to-man fights and jumps and masti. They bring down the house with their shouts and laughter. Good that my neighbors are extremely friendly or else we would have received a complaint about the noise these two boys make. Masti session is before going to sleep and he wants to sleep with him every single day, which we have been trying to avoid by giving him some or the other excuses. T has a habit of moving in all possible directions while he is asleep. I think most kids do that. So I don't want him to trouble my dad and my grandmother with his bouts of hitting a leg or hand or even his head.

T now recognizes the letter A and S. We studied the alphabets as capital and small letters, didn't we? But in his school they are taught Mamma A and baby a. How sweet is that! He know tries to read those letters wherever he sees them. I find it so amazing. This small baby of mine is now reading alphabets. Kids grow very fast and as parents we have to keep pace with them. We have to not only provide them a good upbringing, sense of good and bad, but also provide enough stimulus to their intellect and keep them motivated and focussed.

As they are called the "millennium kids", we parents should also be named "millennium parents".

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...