12 July 2015

Blog Marathon Post 5 - Lazy Sunday

Last night, I and Tanay had a small accident. We were playing as usual and without realizing the distance between my face and his head, he jumped down from the sofa and I was caught unawares and his head hit my chin hard and my teeth hit the lips hard. The lip got cut and started bleeding. My body was into shock and I realized that something has happened only after 5 minutes. I started crying like a small child as it was paining really bad.



Dad immediately put haldi on the wound and the blood stopped. I couldn't talk. I wanted to lie down and sleep. I couldn't even brush my teeth. Tanay was very quiet. He was also hurt on his head, my dad rubbed his head too. He tried to talk with him and see what is wrong with me, but I was in no mood at all. I slept immediately at 10 pm. He was chatting away to glory, poor fellow, I could not answer any of his questions.

I woke up at about 8 am. It was not very early, had a good sleep at night, but woke up with a heaviness and felt completely lethargic. Dad got breakfast of idli and dosa, had it and felt like sleeping away. But then got up and finished the workout of 1 hr. Felt better later. But I was not in very good spirits either.

I wondered to myself, yesterday I was so full of enthusiasm, joy and energy and today suddenly, I did not want to talk to anyone and wanted to just keep mum and sit idle doing nothing. How strange is the human mind. Nothing has changed much in yesterday's and today's routine, but there is also a lot of difference between yesterday's state of mind and today's.

Because of the blog marathon, I at least sat down and wrote this article. I know there is no heart in it, I am writing it very mechanically, but keeping the promise to myself and John. I hope tomorrow is better and I am in a better frame of mind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...