10 January 2014

New year resolutions - 2014

We are already through 10 days in this new and brilliant year 2014.

This post should have come earlier, but never mind, Mrunalini! Important is to write, isn't it?

So, what do you intend to do this year, Mrunalini, which you missed out last year?

ummm, let me think..

Yes, I want to learn to ride a bicycle here and go cycling with my hubby and son. I missed out on it last year as I got to know about it towards end of Summer in Germany, but this year, I am going to make it a point to learn this art, which eluded me since school days.

Ok, gut!

What next?

I want to read more books. We bought a Kindle Paperwhite (where you can read books on a device and not as in print and paper form) yesterday and we both are damn excited about it. We are still finding out how to use it effectively, but I intend to make good use of my train journey from office to work and vice versa, reading my favorite books.

Hmm, sounds good.

Next in line?

Cut on chocolates and biscuits and cakes and bakery items..

hmm, can you survive without them in any country??

Yeah, why not, where there is a will, there is a way and I have tried this earlier and I was successful. It is just the matter of convincing yourself and staying away, of course with a positive heart and spirit. This is good for me and my health and whatever I eat has repurcussions on my health, doesn't it?

You are right!! And what comes after that?

See beautiful places in Germany and in Europe if possible. Search a nice, remote location and enjoy the company of nature with two men in my life. Soak myself in the serenity and calmness and the purity of vast blue skies and green trees and blue waters.

Aha, that's something. I can already sense a few posts on those wonderful outings..

Yes, why not, I will definitely write regularly now..

That's great. And what follows?

Oh, there are loads of things actually.

Crib less, laugh more, spread happiness and positive vibes, make new friends, invite them over, learn cooking different tasty dishes, spend creative time with my sonny dear, see him grow by leaps and bounds, expect some family visits during Summer and then spend a great time back home with my folks in Christmas.

Wow, that's splendid!

You have a lot of good things to do this year. I wish you all the best in this endeavor and know for sure that you will make the most of it!

Amen!!



1 comment:

  1. Great going with your resolutions!

    I know you can make yourself stick to almost all of them. I say almost cause it's a universal truth and nature's law that atleast one resolution goes unachieved for everyone and in my case it's much more than one that goes unacieved... hahaha.

    I am excited about your Kindle paperwhite purchase. I am planning to buy one too but the latest version of it is yet to be launched in India. Do share the experience with the new Kindle. I guess that could become your next blog post :-)

    Good Luck with the resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...