26 February 2013

A lucky day



On Saturday, I suddenly felt like having pizza. I often have cravings for junk food, but then I do not encourage myself for it. But once is ok, I thought. My mom was least interested in pizza and I had no other company. Tanay was already asleep and I wouldn't have shared the pizza with him under any circumstances. So, I took the phone, rang Domino's pizza and ordered a personal pan and pasta in white sauce. I ordered at about 8:10 pm and the lady at the other end promised me to deliver it within 30 minutes. I was happy and was waiting eagerly for the pizza.

Half an hour passed, one hour passed. No signs of pizza.

I called at the shop, she said, "my person is on way". I was already miffed by the fact that she didn't keep the promise, but then had no other option than to wait for the delivery guy. She then later added that I should ask the delivery man to give me a discount of Rs. 300/-.  I didn't believe my ears. Was it true? My bill was Rs. 315/- and if a discount of Rs. 300/- is to be applied on it, then ideally I will have to pay only Rs. 15/- for a personal pan pizza and the pasta. I reconfirmed with her and she said that I had indeed heard it right. Then I thought, it is worth a wait for Rs. 15/-!!

The pizza finally arrived at 9:40 pm and I gladly received it and handed over only Rs. 15/- to the delivery boy after asking him to speak to the lady at the shop. I took the parcel and realized that it was not hot as they usually deliver. I thought of calling back and blasting them, but then I thought, what should I really expect at Rs. 15/-? I can re-heat it in the microwave at home, can't I?

I savored each and every bite of the pizza and the pasta as I sat at the table and pondered.

Lady luck smiles on us when we least expect it and we should be able to enjoy the small packets of happiness that she brings along!

What's your take on it?

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous !!! And I want a pizza party now!!!

    This post reminds me of your Domino's visits in our accenture days :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...