17 February 2013

O-zone

I am a regular reader of the column called "O-zone" in the Sunday edition of "Life" in Times of India. The author is Vinita Dawra Nangia. In the last week, an advertisement caught my attention which said that a book is out called by the name "It's your life", which is a collection of the best stories published in this column. It immediately caught my fancy and I did not spare a single moment in ordering it from flipkart.

I am not an avid reader of books, but I have read a few good ones suggested by my friends. The moment this book was in my hands, I got hooked to it. It's front page is so very colorful and vivid. On the front page, it says, "Reflections on contemporary living and relationships". Human relationships and their intricacies and complexities have always fancied my imagination and I often write about them in my blog. As I turned the pages one by one, I realized that all these short essays, write-ups are so very close to my heart. I have been through it all and yet they seem so new and unexplored to you. The thoughts are written in a very lucid and free flowing language. She directly strikes a chord within you. This book doesn't portray human beings as god or demons, but as you and me who make mistakes, are vulnerable, are happy and sad about things, are confused many a times, but striving to be happy and maintain a balance in their lives.

I felt immensely happy about my decision to buy this book and I plan to finish reading it by taking out time from my schedule and I will also ask my friends to read it.

It is definitely like the layer of ozone which makes life liveable and enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. Now you inspire me to read a great new book... am ordering it now!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...