20 February 2013

A trip down the memory lane

Owing to the hype created around the nation-wide strike today, I decided to work from a location which was near to my house and this new company is exactly next to my old company. The campus is very beautiful and I have so many good memories of the old company and the things around it.



When we were a team of four, we often went to the eatery called "The Bay" which had a roof identical to an umbrella and under which there was a plethora of restaurants. Mcdonalds, Subway, Dominos, Baskins Robbins, Beijing Bites, Kathi zone, Costa Coffee, Cafe Coffee Day all under one roof! What a fun it was! There was also a juice parlor where we had tastiest sandwiches and milk shakes, which closed down later. My colleague Sudha, who was pregnant at that time loved to gorge on the sandwiches and the extra sweet "Guava milk-shake”. We have also waited for an hour for our pizza to arrive from Dominos and chatted away merrily with no sense of time and that we have come here leaving our work behind. We also paid a visit to the Baskins Robbins ice-cream parlor there and tried weird combinations and flavors. A hectic and irritating day at work called for treating oneself with something which lifted the mood! The Chinese food in Beijing Bites was so damn spicy, but still over our never ending talks, it never seemed bad at all. Our favorite hang-over later, when I was alone in the team and the others left the company one by one was Cafe Coffee Day with my best friend and shuttle mate, Teju. We spent hours together drinking Cafe Latte and enjoying the hot sizzling brownie with ice-cream. The corn and spinach sandwich was also awesome over there. We have shared so many worries and happiness, both related to work and personal life. I also saw the buses waiting for the employees today to bring them home and it took me back to the shuttle-time. It was actually one of the best times I and Teju had after office. We were welcomed by the cool wind in the evening sometimes, sometimes by a drizzle of rain, sometimes by the bright shining sun. There was often a long queue in which we had to wait for the buses to go out of the gate one by one and the speed at which the bus driver drove the bus as if he is driving on NH7 was really maddening and annoying, his competition with the other bus drivers at the cost of the people inside irritated and amused us at the same time! Plus there was a maddening traffic due to the road work on our way back making us late in reaching home. We often got tired and exhausted, but we had each other’s company which was the best part of that 45 minutes ride! Oh, I can go on and on..

All those moments just fleeted in front of my eyes and I wished to live that life one more time, the last time! One never realizes that the moment which he/she experiences cannot be relived ever again. One has to weave the memories and keep them aside in one corner of the heart and revisit them often. Teju later chose to be a home-maker and I went for maternity leave never to return to the old company. As I passed by the building today, I felt a sudden rush of emotions and realized that the old company, the company building, the bus-time are no longer a part of my life and I no longer exist for them either!

Teju dear - As a toast to the good time we spent together, I bought the blueberry muffin and banana split muffin home and shared with mom and dad and Tanay! Once we meet in person, celebration to banta hai!!!

:-) 


2 comments:

  1. Dear, i dono how to thank you for this beautiful flashback..... Thank u thank u thank u so much... The entire picture came in front of my eyes, was unable hold my tears...That 4 years was one of my life's best days...I meet friends for a lifetime in that 4 years. how can i forget that blueberry muffin, which i had taken home on my last working day. Now can't wait to meet you n celebrate remembering those beautiful days together again, which will remain in our memory for a lifetime !!! :-) C u soon mrunal !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and it did bring back my memories of the time spent in Bang 4 office! I just loved "The Bay" and don't know how many times I would have hanged out with friends in that food court during my bench days. Truly my Accenture days were the best days of my career and one of the best days of life to be cherished. Thanks for putting in the reminiscence of our old company.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...