05 February 2013

Hasta la vista

Today was a relaxed day in office. Nothing much happened during the day except the usual stuff and as the evening progressed, things became little exciting. I came in early because my driver who drops me and picks me up from office had an emergency at home and so he had to be with his ailing 10 month old. So, he requested me to start little early and I obliged and we literally hit the house in 30 straight minutes. It was a smooth ride and I was very happy to meet Tanay outside the house playing with his buddies.

My best friends in my society, Snehal and Sonali had come over with their kids to my place because Snehal would be leaving for her native tomorrow and she will be back only after a month and by the time she comes back, I would have already left for Germany. Our kids created a ruckus in my house today and I so very loved it. They were hitting each other, talking to each other in their own sweet language, were laughing with each other. My living room was so endearingly messy with toys all around the place. My mother-in-law was feeding them rice and dal, so they had messed their clothes and hands as well. It was really a sight to watch! I so very wished to capture all these moments forever in the camera, but alas cameras do not work as good as the mind which creates memories for a life time.

Snehal's boy Hridhaan is a tough guy and the eldest of the three. Zara, Sonali's princess follows him and the youngest, but the naughtiest is my boy, Tanay. Sonali and Snehal call him "Chota packet, bada dhamaka". He looks tiny and puny but is the first one to snatch toys from the others. Reminds me of the Airtel song "jo tera hai wo mera hai, jo mera hai wo tera" (Whatever belongs to me belongs to me as well and vice versa). In Tanay's case it is "jo tera hai wo mera hai aur jo mera hai wo bhi mera hai (Your thing belongs to me and my thing belongs to only me!!). But both my friends love my boy like crazy. We all love each others babies like our own. We feed them food, talk to them, play with them as if we are a whole big family.

Our babies forget crying and they get less cranky when they all are together. They enjoy each other's company. It was so lovely to watch them together today. I clicked them together while they were busy in doing their work! I am not sure when they three will be together again like these bringing the house down with their pranks. I will surely miss Hridhaan and Zara in Germany and they both will miss Tanay a lot. We will keep each other posted and will show Tanay his friends in India who will be waiting for him to get back!

Dear Sonali and Snehal - Your friendship means a lot to me and I will always cherish the bond which we share so closely. We have seen so many ups and downs together and I am sure we will be doing that in future though distances will separate us. So here's for you both dearies...

Hasta la vista (Till we meet again in Portuguese)

God bless our kids and give us strength and courage to be good and patient parents!

1 comment:

  1. Nice ! Friends are so important in life... they make the small important difference in your day to day life without knowing and it's when we realise they are to leave us, we see the differences they brought in.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...