17 February 2013

The sacrifice

I am not a regular TV addict, but I like seeing a few serials here and there as and when I get time.

Today, there was a telecast of Filmfare awards hosted by the favorite duo, Shahrukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan. They created quite a ripple the last few times they were together and I was looking forward to watch them together again after a long time, but I did not switch the TV on today! Why?

                                                                                                                                            
Because I got hooked to a book after many days! As I wrote in my previous post, I just couldn't keep the book "It's your life" down. Tanay was thankfully sleeping the whole time and I got ample time to flip through a few pages. When was it the last time when I sat with a new book like this, with the smell of it's cover passing through my senses and my eyes devouring all that they came across in the book? Not at least in the last 11 months that my baby is here. Before that I did some reading here and there, but not very regularly. It is said that for a ritual to become a habit, one needs to practice it for 21 days in a row. Will I be able to get back to my old routine and life-style if I give it a try? Shouldn't be difficult, I guess. It just needs a bit of discipline and the will to take out "me-time" for myself.

Sitting on the sofa watching a mindless drama is worth sacrificing to read something or do something which will really enrich your life and make you happy. There are many sacrifices like these which people do everyday! Obese people let go their passion for sweet stuff, chain smokers try to bid adieu to their addiction for the sake of their children, many working moms sit at home for their kids and so on and so forth.

Life is full of compromises and sacrifices, so what if a little sacrifice brings you a ton of happiness and gets you high on the "feel good" factor?

I think such small sacrifices are worth it, aren't they?

1 comment:

  1. I agree... Though sacrifices feel bad at times, the joy that you get out of a practical sacrifice makes life a lot more good. And there's nothing that beats a feel- good life :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...