12 February 2013

The new and the old

My HP laptop purchased in 2009 gave way recently.

The fan was making noise, the system was getting heated and the laptop was switching off on it's own. Now that I need to travel to Germany for official purpose, I wanted to know if this laptop is going to be useful at all or not. I did not know where to look out for help in getting the laptop repaired. I sought the help online and within a week I got my laptop repaired and it came loaded with Windows 7 and MS Office 2007.

I so very loved the look of it. I felt like a child at the candy shop who is happy and confused with so much variety of goodies in front of him. I felt as if I had bought myself a new laptop itself. Nothing was changed on the exterior actually, only the fan and the adapter were changed, but the interface was so very refreshing and cool. Same thing applies when I get a new haircut or wear a new pair of jeans. It makes me feel good about myself for the initial few days. What is so special about any "new" thing in life? Is it the initial attraction of holding on to something novice and different that makes it so special to cherish it for at least some time in life? But doesn't this initial attraction fade away with time and then one gets used to it and it suddenly loses it's charm and importance and becomes a mundane and daily thing. 

What if this happens with people too? What if we do not get along with the people whom we loved at one point of time? What if the existence of people around us suddenly worries us and taxes us? What should one do if the bond that once two people shared suddenly seems a burden now?  Is it right that we change as people? From new to the old? From good to the bad? Why can't things remain new forever? Why can't people and relations remain brand new for days to come? Perhaps that is the essence of time. Every thing/person that comes into existence shall perish. What fun would it be to live every day as a new day and as a new person and treating every chapter in life as a new beginning.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...