01 March 2013

A day off

I completed 90 days in the new work place and it seemed like a few years have already passed that I restarted with work.

Life had become so busy and hectic that there was hardly any strength left to do anything after coming back home. My little boy's lit up face and his toothless smile upon my return to home compensated for all the boredom which work brought in office sometime. I just got a few hours with him, say a two till he fell asleep like a good child. Then a quiet dinner followed with hushed voices fearing that we may wake up my boy.

On Monday night, after a long and tiring day, I came home as usual, but with a mild headache and as the night set in, my headache worsened. And during midnight, I felt as if somebody was hammering my head with a large chisel. I couldn't take it anymore and decided to tell my mother, who sensed my restlessness and woke up. She did acupressure on my head, gave me ginger and sugar to eat and finally at about 4:30 am, I could get back to sleep again. A bout of acidity had struck me after many months and it was just impossible to go to office after a long struggle with sleep and the headache. So, I decided to call it an off.



I informed my colleagues in office and went back to sleep with my little boy by my side who had kept his little hand on my stomach, being assured that someone is there with him. I watched his innocent face and felt so good. I went back to last year, where in this month, I was already moving around with a big belly, wondering if it will be a girl or a boy and lo and behold, this little fellow has turned our lives upside down with his presence from the past 11 months and we are not complaining at all.

We both got up at leisure, spent a lot of time together. He was rather surprised to find me home that day and he did not leave me for a single minute. I got to re-live the good old days with him and watched him play, shout, giggle, fall, blabber. Oh! it was such a relaxed day. I went with him for a walk in the evening and met my friends there. Came back to have a nice dinner and then put my baby to sleep.

I could spend little quiet time with the book, which I am currently reading. I got an off in a very unexpected way and thought, days like these help to rejuvenate and get back to work with renewed energy and vigor. 

1 comment:

  1. I swear... an unplanned off in the middle of the hectic week is such a bliss!!

    Good to read about your day off. I wish you more such days where you get to have a relaxed time with family and forget the mundanes of work.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...