21 March 2013

A nu life

I arrived in Germany on last Friday.

The journey with Tanay and my mother-in-law was fantastic. Tanay behaved like his usual self and did not trouble us much. We were very exhausted at the fag end of the journey, but that was anticipated. The week end was a saving grace and we could relax a bit. We went around on Saturday to buy things and then on Sunday, we were stranded at home as it was rainy outside.

Monday was the first day to new office, in a new profile and a new surrounding. I had to take a train from the place where I stay to the place where I work and it is hardly half an hour away from my house. I reached office within no time, without getting stuck in traffic or without getting delayed. Office was quiet and all the people were working meticulously. I could hardly hear anyone talking to each other. I settled on my desk and started working. A close friend of mine helped me get oriented in the different buildings and it all seemed very new and different to me. I was now working with the Germans, in Germany, a dream which any person learning German would look forward to. I know their language, I can converse with them very nicely and I hope to work like them and learn a few nice things which help me grow as a person.

As commuting time is less, I am thinking of doing something after office, once Tanay starts his creche. Maybe I join a dance class or a music class or a language class. Haven't decided exactly, what to do, but I would like to utilize the time as "my" time. Slowly getting used to this scheduled and perfect life, a life which has only "me" as a center point and where personal space and individuality matter a lot! Coming from a culture which is heavily people oriented, getting accustomed to this personal space oriented culture is going to be fun. I am going to get spoiled with all the basic things being easily available and also am going to get independent as there is hardly any help available from outside. One has to change the bulbs of his own house and one has to clean his own garden. One has to carry things on his own and one has to be on his own. One cannot expect any company here. People smile at you, but also keep you at a distance.

Well, how exciting can this nu life get!

Have to wait and watch!!

1 comment:

  1. Tejaswini Sikka22 March 2013 at 12:13

    You reached Germany, u didn't even call me before you leave. Never mind all the best for your nu life :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...