01 July 2011

Aaj main upar aasman niche

Remember this song from the movie Khamoshi??

Nice lyrics, sung by the versatile singer Kavita Krishnamoorthy and enacted by Manisha Koirala on the screen. It is a catchy number and full of life and happiness. Manisha Koirala has acted well and depicted her out of bounds happiness well in that song.

I was exactly feeling the same when I received a huge surprise from my husband, who is away for work in Germany. Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary and we were not together this year. We did not have much control on it though. But then this special day of ours was made truly memorable by his sweetest gesture ever.

He sent me a cake and a bouquet of red roses yesterday and wished me a very happy wedding anniversary. He is generally not into gifts and surprises, but this year, he swept me across my feet and impressed me a lot by keeping this a well-guarded secret. He wasn't there for my birthday either, in October last year and still he managed to gift me a beautiful Titan Raaga wrist watch. I couldn't believe my eyes. What has changed him so much? Is it my love and company? I wish to believe that is the only thing to bring about a positive change in him. haha.

Why are gifts and gifting so much important, especially in a woman's life? Because she equates them to appreciation, loving and caring. When a husband gets something for her, be it even a few flowers or a pen, she gets elated by the very thought that he remembered her at that moment and got something for her. This can be felt and identified only by a woman, who has got some or the other token of appreciation from her husband or boyfriend in this daily routine of life. This keeps a relationship ticking, fresh and lively. I am not saying that gifting is the only form of showing that someone cares or loves. But once a while, it really feels good!

I do not know what men associate gifting with and why are they so backward when it comes to gift their own loved ones :D

Anyways, I am happy to see the change in my hubby and I will tell him 1 thing.

Keep it up every year ;)

2 comments:

  1. hey, a very happy anniversary...belated though.....even we completed 5 yrs of marriage this yr in may.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Anniverary!!!

    This post is for Atul... and I am sure after reading this he will set the gifting benchmark higher every coming year :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...