25 July 2011

One month old

You all must be wondering by looking at the title what is one month old now..?

I celebrated the completion of 1 month of posting on my blog.

Then I celebrated my 50th post of the blog.

I also celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary here.

Now it is whose turn…?

Today, I completed 1 month in my resort-like home, my own dream house. Exactly one month ago, my parents, I and one helper came to this abode of mine with luggage and only luggage around and now when I look back, I wonder, how we arranged the things, which are quite in their place today.

After waiting endlessly for a mover and packer on that day, who ditched us at the last moment, I had to call someone else, who arrived at 5 pm in the evening, this was exactly one month ago, i.e. on 26th June. We were all dressed up, ready to leave the rented flat and have lunch at the new house. But do things always happen as we want them to happen? No. never. We couldn’t have lunch at the new house that day. We had lunch in the rented flat itself, and also the evening tea. My mom even thought of having dinner there itself and postponing the shifting to the next day, which was Monday. My dad and I weren’t ready at all to delay it by another day. I had already prepared myself mentally for it and wanted to go there on that day itself. Strange are the ways of human mind. I waited for one whole year to move in to the new house and now even few hours were sounding impossible to carry on.

Finally the second mover and packer arrived after much follow-up and in an hr, he packed things. In an hr, all things were gone in the truck. We bid good bye to my landlady by having a last coffee with her and with tearful eyes and hopeful heart, we moved to the new house. We reached there by 8 pm and I decided to cook something for dinner on the new hob. I cooked simple rice dish and everybody ate it with relish. We all were tired and slept off that day thinking of the huge ordeal that was before us..

Unpacking, disposing off unwanted things and then arranging things which are necessary!

Because my dad was there with me, I had less to worry about. The gas connection, telephone connection, cable connection and water purifier were all set before we all moved in. Main task was of unpacking and arranging stuff. We didn’t know where to start and that is when this helper, whom my dad had got from Mumbai, hit upon an idea. He arranged all things on the floor and just like small kids play shop and shopping, he placed all things one by one and put up a dummy shop. We picked things which were displayed on the floor and put them in places, which we thought to be best for them and within no time, his so-called shop was empty and the bedroom was ready. We did the same thing for kitchen and the kitchen was arranged within no time. Till lunch –time, kitchen and master bedroom were ready. Guest room and hall was not a big thing, once 2 rooms were already covered. We had food, relaxed and got back into action and within 2 days, the house was up and running with proper arrangements of the accessories and show pieces. It felt so good and my own resort-like home looked so good!!! I clicked a few photos and sent to Atul and my close friends. I was feeling so nice to be in the house now. Hadn’t my parents being there, all this was impossible, but god has sent his best people to me and I need not fear anything in life.

The helper, who had come with my dad from Mumbai did everything so very carefully and keenly that I was amazed to see his dedication. It was my house, but he worked like he would do for his own daughter. He was happy when the house was set and I couldn’t thank him enough.  I gave him some things, which were no longer useful to me, but were very useful to him. He accepted them happily and left for his village to do farming (monsoon had arrived and he wanted to plough his fields), which he had postponed, just for me! God sends help in all shapes and sizes, important is we recognize and appreciate it, isn’t it?  

Once he left, mom and dad and I spent a nice time together, seeing the shops around. We arranged for milk delivery, paper delivery and also found out about the medical shop and the grocery shop which was within the campus itself and the life became easier. My mother-in-law arrived and then my mom left and then my dad. I suddenly felt so empty and sad; we all were together for almost a month. But, then I had to move ahead and wait for dear hubby to come back and see what he comments on the arrangements which I did in his absence.

He arrived on Saturday from Germany after a stint of 2 months there. He liked a few things and wanted to change a few others, which is quite justified. I was irritated initially with his reactions, but then thought, why not, it is his house too, he would also like to arrange things according to his choice and precision. So, now once he settles and gets back to routine, we both, with each other’s “help” will carry out a little re-shifting and re-arranging.  I am sure we are going to have lot of sessions of “Agreeing to disagree”, which comes naturally to any married couple, but it surely adds fun to life, isn’t it?

So, I am looking forward to such disagreements, debates and I will keep you posted about it.

J


5 comments:

  1. WOW.. Hearty Congratulations on completing 1 month in your new house dear.I must say you had arranged the entire house so well within 2 days. when me, yeshu & sai had visited at your place for lunch that afternoon:-)Waiting for your next post as you quoted above, it will be real fun to read the disagreements & debates part of it :) ha ha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Agreeing to disagree”--:) all the best, hv fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even realise it's been one month since you shifted to the new house.

    I must say I liked youe new house a lot and done up quite nicely too.

    why don't you post some pics of your house on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post mrunal & best part of it is "agreeing to disagree".

    I liked house arrangement too..

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...