07 March 2017

Untimely rain - A temporary respite

It was getting very hot day by day and I had to switch on the fan today while working. I couldn't just bear the hot and humid climate anymore. I kept feeling that this is going to be a great backdrop for rains. But I was not expecting the rains to arrive right in the evening today. And not only rains arrived, but also thunder and lightning.

My little one doesn't like this kind of weather and he kept on asking me when will it stop? When will it cease to thunder and lightning? What is exactly happening up there? I tried to explain to him that two cloud friends which are named plus and minus are fighting with each other. And slowly they are getting tired and then with their one more friend rain, they are visiting us. Slowly they will get quieter and then they will go away to some other place.

It was very entertaining to get more and  questions from him on this newly introduced friendship and I tried to answer as far as I can. How inquisitive kids are and how many questions they pose in a span of 24 hours. I get exhausted at the thought of it. 

With this untimely rain, there was a little respite from the hot and humid weather. And then there was power cut followed by it. We have no problem as generators are working for us all the time. But my thoughts went to my maid and cook who don't have that luxury. They will be in dark till the power resumes and will have to face inconvenience. Roads will be flooded with water and people will be late to reach their destination. We were sitting at home peacefully with filled stomachs and a fruitful day. But how was the experience of this sudden weather change to others is something which I keep thinking.

There will be people who will be cursing the rains and there will be some who will find romantic moments in it. There will be some who will run for shelter and there will be some who will dance in the rain. There will be some who will ditch the potholes and try to be safe and there will be some who will fall and laugh out loud. There will be some who will think how to go to office tomorrow and there will be some who will enjoy the pouring rains right at this moment.

To which category do you belong to?

1 comment:

  1. I miss Bangalore rain so much!!! Those thunders.. those strong winds... and the heavy pitter patter of rain drops!!!

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...