20 March 2017

Morning walk

As mentioned in an earlier post, we are doing a challenge with my girlfriends of targetting 30 minutes per day of exercise or any activity which keeps you moving (e.g cycling, jogging, swimming etc.). On Saturday, I woke up at 6:45 am somehow and decided to utilize the time to go for a nice morning walk. I usually do it at 10 am, but never in the morning as I have to do a lot of things at home, including preparing breakfast and sending T to school. So when I got a chance of doing it in the morning (which usually is the good time), I grabbed it with all my might and went off walking.
I was alone and it was quite warm. Birds were chirping and the sun was shining bright and the sky was azure with some white clouds here and there. Slowly as I started walking fast, sweat drops started trickling down my neck and my heart started pumping more and more blood to keep up to my pace. I could hear myself breath and I was enjoying the process of getting aware of my own breath. At other times, I hardly realize that I am breathing. We take our breath for granted. But we can't live a second without it.

Slowly more and more people, but mostly elderly people were coming for walk. I hardly saw any young people like me. Maybe they all were sleeping as it was a Saturday, a weekend, a time away from the mundane chores and traffic and office life. It is a time to get up late and laze around and just be yourself. I yearn for such weekends when I don't have to think about the kitchen or grocery shopping or cleaning the house. Weekends are more hectic sometimes. But yes, it is a part and parcel of life.

Walking for 45 minutes that day left me with a good feeling and I thought I should come often in the mornings for a walk. It refreshes you completely and gives you a good mood throughout the day. Any form of exercise that you really enjoy should not become redundant on weekends, rather it should become your lifestyle and you should invest more time on weekends as you are not pressed for time. You will be always benefited with this discipline in your life and your body will thank you always till your last breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...