08 March 2017

Women's Day

I woke up today to a host of messages on WhatsApp wishing and congratulating on Women's Day. I also went with the flow and wished a few of my dear friends. But I kept wondering is only wishing each other  today the actual essence of it? Shouldn't it encompass something more than just awakening to the thought of wishing each other? Thanks to Aabha my friend who actually put this thought on FB and I decided to write about it.

Women are born fighters. Right from their conception, many have to fight out their ways to get a life and take birth and life is not bed of roses even after that. Some communities equate the baby girl with debt and some consider her as wealth. What a paradox, isn't it?

It is expected of a woman to play all the roles perfectly. She has to look good, cook well, be of great help to the household, take care of her children and family and should be a good housekeeper and if she is earning, that is an additional bonus to her existence. 

She goes through heart breaks, admonishment, insults but her never dying spirit keeps her going. She finds some me-time for herself and that time is enough to cheer her up for months together. She finds motivation in and around her and finds happiness in her kids and their development.

A big shout out to all the women in this world who are doing some or the other activity in their lives and making this world a better place to live. Girls we all are beautiful and we must be fit and healthy and positive and carry ourselves with grace no matter what the world thinks of us. You might be an inspiration for someone and you might be getting inspired by someone in return.

So keep walking and keep going and keep rocking!!

P.S: My hubby didn't wish me today but ordered this wonderful piece of cake as I was craving for one. I enjoyed it thoroughly and ended women's day on a high note. How did you celebrate this day?

1 comment:

  1. True... Women's day has to mean more than just a day to celebrate. It's put on our calendar for a reason ... let's celebrate the power and grace of a woman not just on this day but every day.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...