20 May 2019

A new blog of my paintings

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I have taken to painting. Painting with chalk pastels and oil pastels. I have been painting landscapes since I started last week. The sun, moon, sky, water, land is my canvas and I never trusted myself to be good at that. Last week I saw a video on YouTube about how people believe they can't draw which is actually not true. We can't be Picasso or Michelangelo. We don't aspire it too. But just to gain some happiness and pass some time, why don't we ever think of that form of Art?

Check out the video here

Why people believe they can’t draw - and how to prove they can

I was grinning ear to ear when I was watching this video. The speaker was talking about me and 1000s like me who have never attempted to hold a brush or a chalk pastel (in my case). Now that I realized this innate art in me, how can I not document it to make it accessible even after years? I created a blog of my paintings where I also write the thought behind making a particular painting.

So check out my new blog here.

My pastel chalk paintings

I don't have a great audience here. Only a few friends and family who are interested in everything and anything I do. This is more like a personal blog where I pen and draw what's in my heart. So stop by sometimes, have a look, think, comment and write what you think about it. Also, keep checking new stuff here. With time and experience, I will surely improve and have more fun in this art.

Have a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...