12 May 2019

Mother's Day!

Today is the second Sunday of May, celebrated worldwide as Mother's Day! A week in advance, the shops were all cashing on this occasion and were having special discounts and offer on special products deemed to be ideal for the Mother! That would just be a token for whatever a Mother does her whole life for her offspring because repaying her is not possible, at least in this life.

Women are special, they are made special by God because biologically, only they can give birth to a new life. And the pain that she undergoes while delivering through a normal way is much more than what a human can actually bear!! From where does she get so much strength? How does she manage it actually? It's all beyond human comprehension.

T and his classmates made a lovely little thing for their mothers and he very secretly brought it home on Friday afternoon and hid it away where I couldn't see it. He kept on checking on me the whole time if I spotted it. But he was successful in keeping it away from me. The first thing he did after getting up and brushing teeth is giving me that small little heart, which I had already lost to him on 7th April 2012 when I saw him for the first time!


He doesn't express his love or concern much. He will slowly grow up and become a teenager and then he will have his own career and then a life of his own. I want to make most of these years where he needs me and tells me every small thing and keeps on asking me a lot and a lot of questions. I sincerely hope he continues to be the chatterbox he is, for a long long time.

Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who sacrifice their career and give up their jobs to bring the kids up.
Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who send their sons and daughters on borders or in the Armed forces.
Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who bless and wish good for the kids no matter how good or bad they behave.
Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who carry on single-handedly when/if the father is not around to bring up the child.
Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who give birth fighting against all odds and problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...