11 May 2019

On what does your happiness depend?

My husband didn't call or message since he has gone on a personal vacation! He really doesn't care!
My son doesn't miss me or call me when I am not around! He doesn't need me!
My mother-in-law doesn't praise me for anything I do! She is like that!
I didn't get the job that I had applied for! I am so unlucky!
The sun didn't shine today and it was raining the whole time! Life is so horrible here!

Have you gone through similar emotions?

You must have, I am sure in different degrees and in different ways.

Has it made you sad or were you really not bothered what others do to you?

Are you dependent on others for your happiness or are you generally happy whatever the circumstances and the people around you are?

Is your happiness person or place-bound? Will you be happy in India or in Germany or anywhere in the world? Will you be happy with and without your family or loved ones around?

There are a few saint-like people who are happy in each and every circumstance. They don't have any expectations from anyone. They are happy in their own world. Their happiness is not dependent on the presence or absence of a person or a place. I wonder what these people are really made of? How do they become so strong? What do they really do? Is it their character trait? Or can it be developed with experiences coupled with positive thoughts and spirituality?

When there is no communication between two people, how long can they really be together? Or how long should they really be together? How long should they take each other for granted? If there are no expectations or love between two people, what's the point really to continue with the so-called friendship or relationship. There is nothing left between two people if you are not moved or bothered by each other's presence or absence. With love, expectations definitely come into the picture and if the expectations are not fulfilled, the love between two people in any relationship dies a slow death. No attempts are made to revive the relationship from either side. Two people literally give up on each other and then it becomes unbearable to even face each other.

But there are some people in this world, who are above all this. And I really respect such people. But I think you can't live in a vacuum like this, alone like this. As long as the human is a human and has emotions, heartbreaks and disappointments are bound to happen, it is natural. It shows that you are human when something moves you or has an effect on you.

The moment you stop feeling any emotion towards a person or a place where you made really good memories, I think you are dead within.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...