28 December 2018

Picture Challenge - 2

This is the second post for the picture challenge sent by John. He is kicked up about it and he is dutifully sending the images, the second week in a row. I hope we both continue with it till a long long time.

You can read about the first picture challenge here:

https://thebluecanvasofwords.blogspot.com/2018/12/picture-challenge-1.html

Here's my interpretation of the second image that he sent early this week.


I lay there still. Motionless. Quiet. No hustle bustle, no chirping of birds, no sunshine, no squirrels chasing one another, no fruits in sight.

It’s dark, gloomy, cloudy and very cold indeed.

Not quite knowing where I have landed.

I was with my friends and family, there, up above, on the high tree, swaying to the tunes of the wind, singing, rustling and making merry. It is now such a sorry sight as I see it from below. Most of my family members and friends have withered away, have lost their strength to continue against this harsh winter and have decided to let go and be one with the soil. I was the last one to join the bandwagon. I lived a fulfilling life, ripened with experience and finally, the time has come to become one with the soil. I am sure many others like me will enrich the soil and we will come back in a different shape and size with rebirth in the next season.

The hope lingers on…

The quest begins…

A new chapter starts…


1 comment:

  1. you have nicely summarized the life of a maple leaf as it blooms, falls and merges into the whole and fuel the next cycle.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...