31 December 2018

Resolutions for the new year 2019

It's 6 pm in Karlsruhe, Germany.

It's another 1.5 hrs in India to approach the new year.

My brother-in-law, who is in Tokyo, Japan has already arrived into 2019.

So how was the year 2018 for me and what are my resolutions for 2019?


2018 started on a very rough note as I didn't know anyone here in Karlsruhe. It was a new city. I had no friends here. It took time until I met people, made friends with them and joined the Buddhist Chanting group. I learned cycling in Spring and then went to India in August. T' school started in September and we had a new routine and a new school life in Germany. Along with some Marathi families, we did the first program of Marathi Mandal in Karlsruhe, it was a great hit and it has been active since then and we plan to do many events next year. I made some really good friends and the social life here has been improving and I can't complain.

What are my new year resolutions?

1) Learn swimming

2) Get a German driving license

3) Start OMAD (One Meal a Day) - Read more about my Intermittent Lifestyle here:

https://thebluecanvasofwords.blogspot.com/2018/05/intermittent-fasting-my-lifestyle.html

4) Encourage and bring more people to the lifestyle of Intermittent Fasting.

5) Get out every single day and walk, walk and walk! This type of exercise is best for me and will get me out amidst the green trees. It will give me peace and cheerful thoughts.

5) Accept the fact that screen time has replaced the family time and move on with it rather than fretting and fuming about it. Screens are the new partners and learn to live with them.

6) Let no one else put you down because "they" think you are not up to "their" expectations and mark. "They" may be perfect, but you have your own identity and pace and way to do things. So "they" are not the ones to determine how worthy you are or how good or bad you do things "they" want and expect you to do. Laugh out at such people and do what makes you happy.

7) Write, write, write and read, read, read. Be active on the blog. Write as much as possible so that there is no time to get sad or lonely or bored. I have a new blog coming up for women in India and Germany. It's a joint venture with my artist friend, Anagha Mahajan. I shall publish more information about it in my next blog post.

8) Go to a solo trip or a trip with girlfriends only..

9) Forgive and forget and let go (more often). It makes life easier and liveable.

What are your new year resolutions?

Share them in the comments if you would like to.


2 comments:

  1. झकास. आपण आपले कर्तव्य पार पाडायचे पण कोणात जास्त गुंतून रहायचे नाही आणि आपल्याला न पटणाऱ्या गोष्टी करण्याचा अट्टाहास करायचा नाही. हे साधले की खरच आयुष्य खूप सुंदर असते, जे आपल्याला दिसत नसते ते दिसू लागते जाणवू लागते.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that you have found a new life in Germany and have been building your social life. I like your resolutions and it's motivating me to make some for myself. I have consciously decided not to make any resolutions this year but I have some goals that I hope to achieve this year.
    I like your resolution #5 . It is very interesting and very true. Finding the right balance between screentime and family time is the real truth these days.
    Resolution #7 is something I will look forward to and resolution #8 is a must. You will find so much joy out of it.
    Happy New Year to you and hope to see you fulfill all the goals .

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...