04 March 2016

Blog Marathon Post 5 Baccha party



I had invited T’s friends from the daycare and their mothers for tea yesterday. It is a group of 4 kids out of which there are twin brother and sister and another boy who goes to the same school as T does. They came at about 6 pm and were there for 2 hours and the ruckus they created together was beyond my imagination.


T was on a different plane altogether. He was screaming, shouting, fighting just like the other three. They were oblivious to the surrounding or to our presence. They did not have hunger or thirst and the only thing on their mind was just to make the most of this “extra” time together. They had spent close to 5 hours together in the daycare and this time at my place was a bonus for them.

The kids mothers were very surprised to see my house spic and span with no trace of any toys spread across the rooms. I gave the whole credit to my maid who meticulously does the sweeping, mopping and dusting. She spends an hour in my house and does everything as if she is cleaning her own house. I also treat her as my family member so the trust and love is mutual. The mothers were amazed at such a maid and said you are lucky. Yes, I indeed am!

I had ordered donuts, vegetable puffs and tea cakes for all of us and made tea for them. The kids had bought out all the stuff which was placed nicely in the corner and which did not see the daylight for days together. T usually doesn’t play with toys on the weekdays as it is a jam packed routine for him. Sometime on weekend when he feels like he pulls out some toy plays with it and gets on to next thing. So those toys at least were brought out by the kids and what a mess they created with it! I was dumbstruck. The kids don’t like to see anything organized, which is their nature I think. Vibrant, vivacious and spontaneous. Once everything is tossed away and looks like shabby, they move on to their next target. 

The kids had a gala time and did not want to go home. Their mothers asked to clean the stuff and they all did clean the toys together. We went to see them off at the gate and T wanted to go to one of their house to play. As if playing the whole day in the daycare and then at my house was not enough. They can go on for 24 hours also, without getting tired or bored. They never want their friends to leave. They like to be lost in their own world of fights, talks and innocence. I wish T has lot of friends to share all the things in his life. Let he be blessed with thick and close friends in all the walks of life just like I was blessed!


1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the fun both the kids and moms would have had during this bacha party! I can say from my perspective, there's hardly any joy greater than having happy kids creating ruckus. Of course the post party clean up does seem nightmarish but then you are a lucky woman with a great maid :-)

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...