08 March 2016

Blog Marathon Post 6 - Yoga - Back to the Basics



After a break of 3 days, I am back to my Blog Marathon.

So this is the post, which I should have posted on Saturday.

I joined Yoga classes after a long time. Two of my close friends in the society joined from beginning of March and I took some time to think whether I should join or not. How will I be able to manage office work and cooking (my cook is on a holiday) and managing my kid’s schedule.
But the benefits of going for it outweighed all other things. The yoga classes have been going on since quite few years, but I couldn’t manage to enroll for it. As it is said, right things happen at the right time. So even after spending more than a year after coming back from the deputation, the “good” time to join Yoga class hadn’t come and it finally came in March 2016 after which I didn’t spend another year thinking on it. This is going to be a new chapter in my life and I ought to make best out of it.

On Saturday, we did lot of versions of “Suryanamaskar” (salutation to the sun). Up and down, stand and sleep, lift one leg, twists and turns left me panting and sweating. The instructor is a lean and healthy woman and she could do everything so easily. Her practice and dedication shows on her glowing face and toned body. We were just looking at her and trying to figure out how exactly should we get into the different postures?  But she told us that with time we will be able to do all the postures just like her one by one. Of course we should be dedicated towards it and should attend the classes regularly and not leave it mid-way. Though we won’t see any quick visible results in our body, the long-term benefits of it are enormous. Increased flexibility, good blood sugar levels, good sleep, improved skin texture and overall improved health and freshness are just the peripheral benefits.  

After the class ended, we all had a good feeling. I was curious to see how the next class would look like. Today was the day again and we did postures sitting on a chair. Chair Yoga as the instructor called it. Beginners like me were little hesitant to sit on the chair and do the different postures where it was difficult to balance the hands and the legs together and not fall down. But it was fun. It was something different and we all enjoyed.

Every yoga session is going to be a new experience and learning! Am so looking forward to it!

Feeling free and energetic and happy! 


2 comments:

  1. Nice that you have joined Yoga. Better late than never. Keep it up. Best of luck in new form. ...... baba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice step to take. Yoga is one of the best fitness activity and it's as beneficial to the mind as it is to the body. Do continue practicing yoga whether you go to the class or not.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...