03 March 2016

Blog Marathon Post 4 - The Getaway

Have you ever gone on a trip alone?!

Yes, alone.! No friends, no relatives and no family.

Just you! Scared at the very thought of it? I am scared too!


Two of my male friends, Koustubh and John have gone to places in a foreign country on their own. To explore that place, to explore the cuisine, people and the nature of course! I envy them a lot and also have great regards for them for such a dare. I can't imagine myself going to an unknown place on my own with just googlemaps (also not at some remote places) as the sole company. But then I thought to myself! When was the last time I enjoyed my solo company? Perhaps not in past 15-20 years or so.

Being alone at home is a different thing, but going out there to face unknown people and situations is a different thing. I like to be in company of people. I want people around, their noises and commotion around. I may not be friendly to all of them, but I enjoy being with people. It gives me a secure feeling to be surrounded by them.

But I want to test myself by going somewhere on my own. I want to test my courage and patience level amidst strangers. I want to test my own company.  Does it make me happy or makes me yearn to get back to people? I want to taste the local cuisine, live in a localite's house with no access to wi-fi or mobile phones. I want to write and read and think and ponder. I want to let go of all negative things in my life and thank God for this lovely life.

The ideal getaway would be a beach in some coastal region in India. Be it in Karnataka or Goa or Kerala or Maharashtra. I would be just in the company of blue skies and blue waters and find a nice place to sit on a bench with an umbrella and watch the ripples on water and observe the surrounding. I would make notes of putting some write-up on the blog and watch the day pass by. Then it would be the time to say goodbye to the Sun. The almighty who makes the life of earth possible. Sunset makes me nostalgic. How many times do we really have time to watch it unless on some sunset point. It creates a different atmosphere, that of hope and longing and sadness. Sadness because the day is over and hope that sun will rise tomorrow and give new life and aspirations. 

So I hope and pray that we all gather courage to go beyond our comfort zone and explore people and places on our own. I am sure we learn a lot about ourselves and the others too in that process.

So wait for my post on this getaway sometime!

See you!


1 comment:

  1. Having ventured out alone, I can say it's the best way to explore a place and yourself. No compromises, no adjustments and you have all the time to yourself. Most importantly, it gives you an opportunity to look at yourself and your ability to walk through unfamiliar territory (literally and otherwise).

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...