09 December 2012

To my dear baby


 Dear Tanay,

You turned 8 months old just a while ago. And these 8 months have been phenomenal in my life. From the time of holding a tiny red bundle in my hands when you were just a few hours old till the time you started roaming all around the place on your stomach (though you crawl very well, but you are too lazy to do it), it is a journey to savor. Your cute and toothless innocent smile and squeals make me go weak in my knees and also bring tears to my eyes. The feeling of you belonging entirely to me is just out of this world. Every moment I spent with you was a moment of learning. Just as you took birth, the mother in me also took birth at the same time and so we both have been growing together since then.

You would be wondering nowadays, where does my mommy disappear in the morning? I see her only in the evening directly. Dear Sonny, I had to joined work because your daddy and I have to give you the best of everything and for that we both have to earn and take care of our careers too. Of course, you were and shall be our highest priority in life. Only that we have to divide time between our work and you. And you shall, no doubt, have the highest share, rather most of our time when we are all together. The first day to office after a long maternity break was very difficult to me and I was just physically present in office, my heart was with you all the time. I was calling home every 2 hours just to check on you. I knew you would be playing very nicely with your grandmother. You share a great rapport with her. In fact you are happy with anyone and everyone who is around you, who talks to you and plays with you. You are a very easy going baby when it comes to eating too. You are not fussy at all and enjoy every type of food which is introduced to you. Maybe you did not miss me, but I missed you a lot. I had spent every second with you from past 8 months that you were born and before that the entire 9 months when you were in my womb. So suddenly you not being around did leave me empty for some days, but then slowly I got adjusted. I waited to see your smiling face in the evening when I came back from office. Due to traffic in the peak hours, it so happened that I got very late and you were already asleep by then. I felt so bad, I wanted to wake you up and take you in my arms, but you were sleeping so soundly that I did not feel like disturbing you.

From next day onwards, I hired a driver and took the car to office daily. No doubt it costed me a lot, but then money is not really important than the time I get to spend with you in the evenings nowadays. I return home on time and get a few hours with you till you hit the bed. I feel very blessed when people say that you are a very cute, happy and ever smiling baby. I am sure you have inherited this trait from both your grandmoms and your dear daddy. You sleep on time, you get up early in the morning just like a big boy. You play on your own, but you need someone to be around in the vicinity which is ok for your age. You interact with every single person coming across with a nice, wide smile and that person is bound to be bowled over by this gesture of yours.

So, dear baby, I am going to miss some of your important milestones as I will be away in office. The very first things might be missed, but yes, I will always be there in every walk and talk of your life till you become independent and big enough to do things on your own. One day when you grow up and start understanding, I will tell you all this in person and I am sure you will bowl me over with your usual cute and innocent smile and say, Come on mommy, it's alright!

1 comment:

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...