13 December 2012

Uncertainity of life

Yesterday, after many days, I logged in to Facebook. I do not have internet access in office, which is a good thing. Much of our time is spent in working lol! And after coming home, I do not have the patience to again sit in front of the PC. The time which I get with Tanay in the evening only feels so less that I hardly can think of doing anything else. I write blog when he sleeps off at night. So yesterday while checking all what I have missed in the past days, I happened to stumble upon something really unexpected.

We have a e-group of chitpavan people where we all are members of the group. We all are spread all around the globe and we keep in touch with each other on that group. We also have a group on FB now as it is easily accessible to all. There I saw one post by a friend, who had written about another friend that she is now no more and that she will always be missed. I had met that friend once in Pune and she was a great singer and a poet and a very friendly person. Learning about the death on a platform like FB was a shocker for me. She was hardly 30 years old. I did not get the details as what exactly went wrong, but I was deeply saddened by her untimely death and that led me to a series of thought.

This year, I lost many people in my acquaintance. Being far away from them did not even permit me to say good bye to them. I did not even know that it would be the last time I would ever see them or talk to them. We spend so much time in amassing what we think is precious for us, but then when we go, all we take with us are good wishes and blessings of our near and dear ones, isn't it? All that really matters is the good time we spent with that person and nothing else really remains in our minds about the departed soul. That is the reason, many people say that live life as if there is no tomorrow. I remember a beautiful number from Ronan Keating which is "If tomorrow never comes" (Link to the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kzGhDEURA) It still gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it and reminds me of how uncertain tomorrow can really be. We have to be on our guard and must enjoy today to the fullest.

After knowing about the sad demise of my friend, I quickly went to her homepage on FB, because it was hard for me to believe that she is no more. And there I found a number of scraps on her wall by some of her friends which read that she will be greatly missed and that may her soul rest in peace etc. I found it a bit odd. How was she going to read those messages anyways? She had already started her next journey. But then I also felt that they were genuine emotions of her friends and that was their last tribute to her.
 

1 comment:

  1. At times life throws surprises and shocks at us and even though we are well aware of the this truth, everytime we come across such cases we are numbed.

    It's tragic that your friend passed away at such early age. Though she has started on her next journey, I think the emotions of her friends from this life would reach her in someway.

    ReplyDelete

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...