18 November 2012

Bonding with pa


Sons and fathers have a different equation.

I saw it with my own eyes when I was in Germany. The man to man communication and the bonding was so very evident when Atul came home in the evening. Tanay might be also bored to see my face all the time from morning to evening. So he used to leap to Atul as soon as he was at the door. Even before changing clothes or getting fresh, Atul had to take Tanay in his arms and talk to him. Then after 10 minutes, he used to calm down and come to me so that Atul could change. After 7 pm, Tanay used to be in Atul's custody. I used to take care of the dinner and other remaining stuff.

It was so heartening to see them play together. Ideally, Tanay met his dad almost after 5 months, but as they say blood is thicker than anything else, they adjusted to each other as if they were always together. Atul did everything for Tanay except changing him after he did potty. But that is ok, I understand, he will take time to do that and I am sure, when he is alone with Tanay, he will even manage that. At nights, even putting him to sleep was Atul's task. He narrated the whole day's proceedings to him in the form of a song and within no time, Tanay was off to sleep. It was so good to see them together laugh with each other, do masti with each other. The father-son relationship has evolved over the time and I can see the difference when it comes to Atul and his father and when it comes to Tanay and his father!

It will be very interesting to see how both of them grow up with each other. They both are cool tempered and I will not be surprised if they both form one team and bully me with their pranks and talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...