08 May 2011

Dear Mommy

Today is Mother's day and I have been seeing so many messages on my cell and my Facebook about it's celebration. There are so many advertisements on Television and on Radio too. What is the fuss about?

Is Mother something to be thought of and celebrated only once a year?

No, I do not think so personally. Everyday which I live and celebrate is the celebration of my mother too because I am in this world because of her. So, instead of wishing her today exclusively, I see to it that I talk to her daily and celebrate our bond almost daily by sharing and talking.

She has been my constant source of energy, she gives me strength when I am down and cheers me up when I think, there is nowhere to go. She is a people person and always has her radiant smile ready to charm strangers too. She has friends in almost all age groups and in all the trains she travels to office. She is always smiling and happy and enthusiastic to take up anything in life. She loves trekking and goes to her favorite destination, "The Himalayas" once a year. I think the energy and the positive spirit she has, is derived from the connection with nature and God. She has a strong belief in Lord Shiva and often seeks his help and guidance in case of any problems and Lord Shiva answers all her prayers and shows her the way in hard times.

She is a great fan of alternate therapies, Ayurveda, Reiki, Acupressure, Naturopathy. She does everything possible to keep herself fit with the help of these therapies. She keeps herself fit and sees to it that she never misses her treks. She loves jewellery and saris and has a rich collection of them. She travels everyday 100 kms by train, but the way she dresses and matches it with accessories leaves me awestruck. I am not even 1 % close to her when it comes to the dressing sense and being updated about the latest fashion. But she is very lazy when it comes to computer, internet and cell phones. When I bought her a cell phone and when I called her from Bangalore on cell, she could never pick the call and I used to get angry with her and jokingly told her that she should hand it in her neck just like small kids hang their handkerchiefs. But now in 3 years, she has become quite good in handling cell phone and messages, I must say!

The direction which I got in my life and the person I am today is all because of my mom and dad and my grandparents and their dedication and love towards me. They never had anything else in their sight, than to give me the best in this world. I think it is the inherent quality of parents as God resides in them and the only thing they know is just giving all the possible things to their children. I wonder if I can be so good and kind to my offspring. My dad is waiting for a write-up on him and wants to know what I feel about him and I have been promising to write about him since a few days now. Baba, I will definitely take it up when I visit you all in the next week in Dombivli.

So, dear mommy, here's wishing you a very happy mother's day and thank you for whatever you have given me. I can't thank you enough and can never repay you.

I love you and wish you have a healthy, wealthy and prosperous life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...