11 May 2011

Kabhi kabhi

I am feeling very sad and down since past 2 days.

I was in high spirits as I was travelling to Mumbai on coming Saturday for my dear brother-in-law’s wedding and all of a sudden those plans crashed and my mood went for a toss.

It happens many times in life that we look forward to something very eagerly and since long and in a moment, everything just seems to be white-washed. Something like this happened to me. I was happy at the thought that I would meet everybody at the wedding, meet my brother-in-law and his beautiful wife, but now that cannot happen.

I share a very special bond with this brother-in-law of mine, who is actually my husband’s cousin brother. I am not a very relative friendly person as I have very bad experiences with my immediate relatives and so I keep all relatives at safe distance and they also do not bother to interfere in my life. Being in Bangalore is the biggest advantage in this regards. But this boy was very different. He had come to Bangalore for job and when he arrived, he stayed with us till he got an accommodation. He was just like me as I used to be say 8 years ago. Very quiet, sensitive, attached to the family and fearful of the people who might be judging him. He is quite younger than me, but we somehow gelled very easily. We share the same moon sign and we both love movies, music and food. I talked to him a lot on all issues, he shared his professional and personal matters with me. We went to movies, Marathi plays together. He was always cheerful and smiling and I thought of him to be a great support in my life at that time. Even after moving to his own apartment, he visited us on weekends and sometimes stayed over. We went to the nearby park together and talked to each other about books or anything which bothered us or worried us. We enjoyed those walks. I inculcated the habit of reading in him and asked him regularly about the status of completion and asked him to narrate story once he finished reading so that I knew he really read it.
But then as all good things do not last for long, he shifted back to Mumbai after 8 months and got a good job. He was very attached to his family and I am happy that he went back to them. We mailed each other regularly and kept in touch and talked on mail just like we used to do in person.  I soon got to know that he has found a girl and is willing to get married soon. From that time onwards, I was looking forward to attend his wedding and bless the couple.

Nevertheless, I can still bless them and wish them a wonderful and blissful married life ahead! Isn’t it?

Some people leave a mark in your life forever and Shreyas is one of those few people in my life! I wish him all the joy and happiness and wish him and his wife a very happy and blissful married life!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...