05 March 2018

Rise


I came across this wonderful poem on my favorite Facebook corner, The Senior Reading Raccoons. Someone had shared it on the group and I was in awe and dumbstruck. What choice of words! What feelings! What self-affirmation!


My take:

It tells you to keep your calm and go in the direction of your dreams. Pursue your goals and make the journey while reaching there, all the more beautiful. It is bound to be dark and gloomy and not as per our expectations, many a times. But don't get bogged down by it. Just get up with new vigor and new strength and believe that you will definitely be successful and happy on the path you choose.

Self-love is as important as any other virtue. You have to accept yourself as you are and love your own self like no one else can ever can. Only then you can love and accept other people and things in your life. We should not be self-loathing or self-criticizing mode all the time. Give yourself a fair chance, a chance to be happy and try to enjoy life as it unfolds. Try to make it better with your sweet smile. Don't really care what others think about you or want you to be, don't take their judgments and expectations about you to your heart. Believe in your own self and get moving.

This poem really lifted my spirits. A much awaited spring season, chirping birds, blue skies and my beloved Sun god surround me today while I type this out on my laptop, looking out of my window.

Thank you universe for this lovely day!

I pass on this good spirit and feeling to one and all reading this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...