08 March 2018

Just like that


Today is International Women's Day. My Facebook wall and WhatsApp is flooded with messages and I am quite amused by the revenue generated by these different Apps on a "special day" like today. Suddenly the whole world wakes up and sends and forwards messages though they might not really mean them or live a life like specified in them. They are after all "good to have" things and virtues. Who really thinks about them in day to day life?

I set out for some work today in the morning, decided to ditch the bus and go walking. It was a nice, bright sunny morning, just the way I always would have loved the weather to be! I put my favorite songs and walked the way in about 20 minutes. Finished off the work at the Medical stores and then decided to give myself a treat. And what treat was it? I love making greeting cards and giving them to people I meet. There is a personalized touch to any hand-made gift I think and people love such hand-made stuff and appreciate it a lot. So I went to stores called Mueller (Check their stuff here). It's a 3 storeyed shop which sells almost everything needed for daily life. They have clothes, kitchen stuff, perfumes, accessories, toys, writing materials etc. So I directly headed to my favorite section to pick up something for my greeting cards. I bought a lovely glitter pens set and a painting book (Mandala Coloring Pages) and wax crayons to color. 

All this stuff will help me to keep occupied and shut away the thoughts which sometime make me feel low and lonely. I went to the Indian stores and bought some stuff (fresh vegetables, Indian snacks). With high spirits and good mood I set off to return home. And lo and behold!


I met one of my friends near the Tram station and we decided to go for a coffee as she also had some time to spare. We went to a nearby cafe and sat for an hour over coffee, talked, discussed about life and things in general. I felt really good. Without deciding anything in advance, just bumping into someone and spending time with that person is so nice sometimes! We both enjoyed each other's company and of course the vanilla cappuccino! Then we dispersed after agreeing to meet with kids in a nice play area sometime next month.

I returned home with a bus, which was very full and I could not find a seat. To top it, a person came to check our tickets wading through the sea of people standing in the bus. Thankfully, it was just two stops for me and I got down and walked home. I was feeling so light and so good after spending 2-3 hrs in my own company. I did window shopping, also shopped a little for me! I had no plans, no fixed things to do; things just happened and created nice memories for me!

Look what I created with all the stuff I bought.



Thank you universe for making this a wonderful day for me!

Sun and blue skies, I love you!

Celebrate womanhood, not only today, but every single day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...