19 February 2018

Gratitude

I am a Libran by birth and I am a very sensitive and emotional person. I love Arts, I love nature, I love human and interpersonal relationships and all things that boggle the mind, but hardly have any scientific backing up intrigue me. E.g. Rebirth, Aura, one power that guides us, the reason why we meet certain people and take an instant liking for them and why we detest someone at the first sight, all these topics, which are hard to prove scientifically have been my favorite topics since a long time. It is no surprise why I am a sucker for books like 'Many lives many masters', Rhonda Byrne's books, 'Secret', 'Magic', and whatnot. The logical sense in me is a little less, I was roaming around looking at nature around when God decided to distribute logic. I take things to heart, by heart and think from the heart.

Having read the book 'Secret' long time back, I hadn't really put the practices discussed in the book in good use. I had almost forgotten about what positivity is, gratitude is. These two form the crux of the book. Last week I happened to surf my Netflix account and there I saw the movie 'Secret' sitting for a long time, smiling at me. I decided to give it a try and I have absolutely no regrets about watching it. It got me sit up straight and introspect. It gave me a reality check. What was I really doing in life right now?

I was just focusing on what I don't have currently and was constantly ignoring that I possessed. E.g. Sunny days (in February in Germany), a sound and healthy kid, the ability to relax and cook and write for which I never had time back in India. I was focusing on the harsh weather and indifferent people and loneliness here and because I was thinking about the negative things, they were coming back to me in circles and not helping me get anywhere, leave alone get out of them, and shift the mood.

The Secret puts 'The law of attraction' into practice. If I want to have something good and positive in the future, I should wish it now and start assuming that I have achieved it. I should feel it from my heart, I should visualize myself happy in that very situation and I should thank the universe, the one great power which binds us all as humans for giving me that! Positivity attracts positive things and negativity attracts negative things in life. This all is what the movie showcases with live examples, of course! The movie and the thought behind it bought me over completely. I shifted my way of thinking, I consciously started 'counting my blessings'. I consciously started wishing good things in my and my people's lives. I started to say thank you for every small thing in my life. All the things that happened in my life have made me what I am today. If those things would not have happened, I would not have been here. I am here for a reason for sure! 'His' plan will unravel piece by piece and I am very excited about it.

After I saw the movie, I started to write down three things for which I am thankful, every single day. I also wrote down 10 things which I badly wish for and started imagining them with feelings. I saw myself happy and triumphant when they happened to me. I can sense the change in my mood very clearly, the day doesn't seem boring anymore, the things around me don't seem to be unbearable now. I plan to continue this ritual as long as possible and hope that every person makes good use of the 'universe's catalog' and order for themselves all they wish for and always wanted to possess.

Read more about it here:

https://www.thesecret.tv/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The dilemma

My mother-in-law left for Pune today after spending two and a half months with us in Germany. And suddenly the house seems empty without her...